Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birthday Thanks

I'm sitting at the table
just writing thank you notes
on every Facebook post
including the ones that come
through the inbox

and answering the phone
and text messages

technology has a way of amplifying
love; people who would just think about it
in days past, now reach out and text
or post or touch--the voices I heard today
were hot chocolate delicious

I feel so loved in this moment
by family friends children I gave birth to
some I didn't but all cherished

Didn't want to do the generic
"thanks to everyone who remembered me"
post the next day; wanted to acknowledge
them as they rolled in and I sit at
the computer most of the day, or on my
phone, checking them off with
gratitude

is this a poem? I doubt it
but it is joy
and thankfulness

which are great ingredients
for poetic flow

© Valerie Bridgeman
January 15, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment