Friday, June 7, 2013

LOVE, ACTUALLY

Overheard conversation:

First person: "Real love is aptly described right here (hands the person 1 Corinthians 13). Read it and then tell me if you love me."
Second person (reads what appears as slowly): "I read it; I'm stuck at 'patient' and 'kind' and 'does not keep a record of wrong'. Hmmmm.... (long pause). By this definition, I've never really loved anyone."
First person: "It's a high standard. that's why we settle for only passion."
Second person: "Ouch (another long pause). "But I want to love you like this, and I'm willing to try."
First person: "I wanna love you like this too. I am more than willing to try."
*kisses*

Reminds me that love ain't cheap or easy, but is worth it...


© Valerie Bridgeman
June 7, 2013


(POSTED on FACEBOOK first)

1 comment: