Wednesday, June 5, 2013

IT COUNTS FOR SOMETHING--RIGHT?

DAY 153

365 days, which means 202
of writing left, of keeping promise
with myself--I'm not good at
--keeping promise--
fear gets in my way so often
it's sickening--really
as in headaches
and stomach pains
and heart burns
and soul grief
sickening

I hate this truth about myself
the one that I'm not good
at keeping promises
but I promised I'd write
SOMETHING
everyday and so far, 153 days
worth of promise-keeping
it's not 365, but it's 
something... isn't it?

I learned this year
that you can keep every promise
except one and lose something/someone
dear, even if you get to 153... there's
still 202 worth of promise to keep
and it doesn't count it you don't
get there, so know/no it doesn't count
for something unless you finish
you keep it, you complete it
and if you stumble... it counts
for nothing, really.

I learned that this year.
I've already lost for want of a promise
and so maybe this one
I can keep. I don't know.
but it's day 153 and I'm writing
so that counts for something...
today.

© Valerie Bridgeman
June 3, 2013

POSTED VERY LATE BECAUSE OF TRAVEL, but written anyway!


1 comment:

  1. But written any way! Yes it counts. All the days count. All the words. All the life we lived this far to write the poem / musing / story.

    ReplyDelete