Tuesday, June 18, 2013

CONVERSATION WITH A POET

  • *blanks in place of definite markers and one name/relationship within the conversation
    ME: how are you poet/songwriter/prophet?
    POET TOO:  i'm well dear. How are you love? Why are you up with the heavens?
  • MEinsomnia
    or ... something
    bereft of love
    missing my mommy
    all of the above

    POET TOO: I understand

    in company
    @)--------

    MEwrite on, friend. I look forward to be-coming of friendship... the growing and the groping of it... I'm sincerely glad I "met" you... and I don't just mean met you in a physical place in _______, but that too... so thank you for meeting me back

  • POET TOO: indeed dear. how long has it been? if i'm not too intrusive

    ME: how long has what been?
    my mommy 2002
    bereft of love February 2013
    insomnia... off and on all my life lol
  • POET TOO: how is your heart? your hope?

    ME: you really are a poet... we go straight for the heart...
    my heart is broken/shattered in ways I didn't know possible
  • POET TOO: and your hope?

    ME: I have always been a lover... called to be... wrapped many in this orb of love... as a way of living... but ... the cracks this time has left me unbelieving that I will ever love or be loved again in an erotic/passionate/breathless way
    so... hope... is ... less
    cracks... *have (despise grammar mistakes, even when/if I'm ranting or crying)
    I am an old woman, now
    I wasn't... before February...
    then, I was ... seasoned... experienced... sagely... wise... and age was an ally for all the knowledge I held...
    now... I am ... an old woman
  • POET TOO: what is old to you? what is youth to you? what in your breathing, do you feel you've lost/given away?
    are you ok dear? I apologize if my questions weren't gentle to your moment
  • MEI'm a poet... what do I know of gentle?old isn't in the age... I felt alive and vibrant... age-less... beyond the categories...now... I cannot move without the pain, internal and external... the creaking of bones and soul... the canker of itgrief ages me...consumesconcrete boots to my beingand I cannot/have not been able to... surface for air... the weight of boots not made for living...
  • POET TOO: what have you gained? what has gained you?

    ME: I was deeply loved... of that I am sure. perhaps still deeply loved
    and souls thrive with knowing they are known
    but... and here are the headwaters of grief... I am greedy... I want it still
    and I feel... I have not been numb... as painful as that is, it is gift...
  • POET TOO: passing through you?
  • ME: I don't know... maybe lodging... I'm not a masochist, so pain is not a welcome friend, but it is a reminder that I'm human...
    I just saw something you posted June ___:
    "I am so grateful that i'm not cruel"
  • POET TOO: from your expression. it seems to be passing through...and that is the healthiest pain
  • ME: I had not seen it... but my ______ (__________) and I talked today about that fact that "being cruel" is not one of our flaws
    or yesterday, now
    I am not cruel...
    even in grief
    especially in grief
    POET TOO   indeed
  • ME: well, confessor, thank you for being here in insomnia
    perhaps that was the gift of sleeplessness
    I'm going to try to lay down for an hour or two
  • POET TOO: rest well dear.

    ME: next time, I will be the confessor/priest
  • POET TOO: 
  • ME: And you, sir. 
    (Don't know that it's "copywrite" worthy and no, I didn't ask permission, but you also don't know who it is)

    June 18, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment