Sunday, March 3, 2013

YES

My soul says yes...

I say yes, again, say yes
because it's the only word
that will rise when I fear everything
and some days "everything"
surrounds me like the hounds
of hell, crouch low, growl loud
my mouth dry from the terror

still, I AM open
embrace, yield
to whatever adventures unfold
what Life, Universe, G*d bring
to me and in me
wait, work to its end
tamp down terror of unknowns
unmet need, terror of longing
and loneliness that stalks
like the hounds just beyond
my gates

I sit with my sorrow, keep
company with it, try to know
it like my sister, like my son
ask it questions, want to know
where it come from, where it's
going, how long it will stay
allow the pain that come 
with it to teach me, to watch
me grow from it

sit with my disappointments
my mistakes, too many to name
too many to excuse, allow
hope to rise, evidence to 
the contrary, hope when 
all hope is gone, lighten
my load so I can move, quick
watch it unfold like flower
from bud, bid it come
say yes, say yes
to the journey

Yes


© Valerie Bridgeman
March 3, 2013

Based on my post on Facebook today: "My soul says yes... from an earlier post: '[I AM] Open, embracing and yielding to the unfolding adventure that Life/Universe/G*d is bringing to me and in me; waiting and working to its end; tamping down any terror of unknowns and unmet needs, of longing and loneliness... I am "sitting with my own sorrow" per Oriah Mountain Dreamer and allowing the pain to be a teacher and to grow; sitting with my disappointments and allowing hope to rise, evidence to the contrary; hoping when all hope is gone; lightening my load so I can move quickly... my soul says yes.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment