Monday, March 11, 2013

FOR PEOPLE WHO RETURN THANKS

For March 10

I am thankful for people who return to say thank you. I love freely. I do not (often) think about whether anyone will say "thank you" or notice or appreciate it. Not often. Until someone turns back and says thank you much more extravagantly than I gave it. Restoration Inclusive Ministries, Inc. of Decatur Georgia where Sonya Williams is the founding and leading pastor said "thank you" on March 9 and 10. They thanked me for loving them. My love showed up as leadership training, as teaching, as preaching, as smiles, as tears, as hugs-lots of hugs, as praying, always praying. Sonya said, "I hope you saw how much the people loved you." I saw it. I felt it in the hugs. I heard it in the ovation. I saw it in the bowing and standing. And I saw that I was "seen." I get to serve several congregations as pastoral mentor, as support, as chief cheerleader, as keen observer, as primary lover. I get to watch young struggling congregations get their "yes we can" under their feet, to see them fail, pick up, fail, pick up, succeed, and succeed, and succeed. I get a front row seat to God's amazing grace and provision for God's work in and through them. I love RIM. I love them deeply They are among the GREAT LOVES of my life. And wonder of wonders. They love me too.

© Valerie Bridgeman
March 10, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment