Tuesday, March 12, 2013

WORDS


I miss your words, the easy of them
the laughter at the edge of one
story leading into another
the way you turn your mouth
sideways when you're full of jokes
or irritated and only the folding
of arms across chest tells me
which is which

I miss the way G*d comes out
your mouth when you least expect
and how it surprises you
but not me, I am always waiting
for the celestial entrance
because you stand in the gap
between heaven and earth
I have seen the dust on your
feet and star shine on your face

I miss the way you sigh
when you're content, when
you've spent yourself with loving
and want more but need a
reprieve, and you retreat
to words like, awww...
babe

I miss the pause.. the thoughtful linger
between verb and subject, the non-words
that speak loud and full of your
dreams, techno-colored brilliant
and the words swirls push themselves
against your teeth into the air
before you and take shape
create new realities

I miss the inappropriate words
the awkward emotions
the uncommon passion
that sits right on the tip
of your tongue



© Valerie Bridgeman
March 12, 2013

2 comments:

  1. O how I look forward to your blog every day. Thank you for YOUR words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading them. You propel me forward.

      Delete