Tuesday, October 8, 2013

TODAY'S GRATITUDE

Today I am grateful for:

The black-eyed peas infused with turkey necks and wings
seasoned with garlic, onion, black pepper and expectation
The way you looked at me when you came into the living room
San Miguel laying across my feet -- this cat is insistent
The slow but steady home we create everytime we hang a piece of art
Clean bathroom and lavender essential oils
Your smile as you enter the room
Feeling safe and secure and "home"
Knowing it's not just a feeling, but true
Friends and colleagues who see, celebrate and employ my gifts
The beginning of completion
Expecting that it's not just a beginning
Loving when I thought I wouldn't again
Being loved when I thought I was unlovable
Happy. Glad. Supported. Joyed. Content.
Another day's journey.


© Valerie Bridgeman
October 8, 2013

1 comment: