Thursday, October 31, 2013

LIVING THE VERY GOOD

A paraphrase of a response to one of my posts from my dear, dear brother and friend Stefan Andre Waligur: "Sounds like you are living the 'very good' of Genesis - our deep satisfaction in our creative work; the pleasure of God upon us." I think my deep joy is meeting the world's great need. Love.

My hands are dirty
with the kind of joy that comes
only with digging around the roots
of plants that need re-potting

My feet are dancing
with the kind of rhythm that comes
only from a song justice rings
from the walls in my house

My eyes are shining
with the kind of passion that comes
only with recognition of love
in every corner

I am living the very good
the first creation
the promise

© Valerie Bridgeman
October 31, 2013

FIRST DRAFT (August 26, 2011)
August 26

1 comment: