Sunday, August 18, 2013

MYTHS THAT MARK OUR SOULS

I don't know what
a fearless journey
would look like
how we would navigate
our souls in such a way
that we could tell which
of the myths that mark
our souls are lies
and which ones are
so true to their core
that they shape us
into fearless travelers
I want to know how 
to be fearless--
or whether its even
necessary in order
to make it
I know the power
of hot breath on neck
sweaty hands
palm to palm
a look that says
you're not alone in this
thing--I got you; I'm with you
no matter what
That myth is a truth
deep enough to keep
me moving
praying
holding on
until I have to pause
to catch my breath
again--the journey
so winding, so hilly
so full of surprises
like the fact
that you love/d
me at all.

Valerie Bridgeman
© August 18, 2013

2 comments: