Monday, September 2, 2013

MOTHER IN ZION

I preached in a fit of faith
about laying on hands
and seeking God's face
and trusting that persecution
will press what you really
believe out of you
and how the church at
Antioch was diverse,
though they didn't mention
the women who no doubt
were fasting and praying
and listening along side
the Levi, the Pharisee,
the Encourager and the
Black man from northern
Africa--all trying to pay 
attention to what the Spirit
sounds like

Separate out for me, was
the word and as I preached
I saw the separating, the choosing
the agreeing that these two
really are the seeds of my
labor, years of pouring into
lives, believing that the gospel
is for everybody
and there, standing in front
of me, was proof that I am
a mother in Zion.

Valerie Bridgeman

© September 1, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment