Sunday, September 29, 2013

DEAR LOVE #6

Dear Love,

Today, I had a conversation 
that reminded me why 
I love you so much. I love that 
you are willing to heal 
and be healing in our relationship; 
that you gave yourself over 
to forgiveness and kindness. 
I am glad for the ways 
we have supported each other 
and continue to do so, the way 
we speak truth in tender tones. 
I love that laughter fills our ears 
and that it, too, is a part of the healing. 
I love that our days are incomplete 
without hearing each other's woes 
and joys; how the war stories just remind us 
that we're warriors and that we can drop 
our swords and shields around each other. 
We are safe in each other's presence
I love that I am safe with you; 
that you are safe with me. I love it all. 
You make my heart sing. 
And I love that ALL is well. 
All is well. 
And all manner 
of things are well. 

With All my Heart,
Your Valerie

Valerie Bridgeman
© September 29, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment