Saturday, September 28, 2013

DEAR LOVE #5

Dear Love,

I am wasting time today--if there is such a thing. I have procrastinated in some creative ways, but always with my putting off, I have thought of you. Your laughter. Your raucous laughter. Your smile. Your kilowatt smile. The sheer power of your presence radiating in every direction. For all of these and more I would procrastinate another day. I love the way my cells anticipate your voice, the ringtone of it. I know your sound--eternal and soft and round. I have come to know the frequency and the frequency of it--the pitch and roll off your tongue, from the back of your larynx, the rumble of good loving with every whisper. I am glad. And procrastinating has never been so easy as when you are right there within earshot, and just one more giggle or sigh away. I love you in ways I cannot articulate. But I will keep trying, if for no other reason than if will elicit from you a sound--round and soft and eternal.

Your,
Valerie

Valerie Bridgeman
© September 28, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment