Sunday, May 19, 2013

UNANIMOUS

I shrunk at the root of the problem
measuring my life and achievement
by the pursuit of happiness
by a phantom definition of me
someone else's plot for my life
but coming into my own now
for where else would I come but
strong. strong is beautiful, 
as is confident

quieter than ever before
the roar inside me is persistent
simplify your choices to what
matters, remember community. 
explore your world in light of it; 
the problem never lies beyond your soul
look deeper; feel the magic unfold. 
widen your vision.
deconstruct the drama inside

wake up to wonder, notice
the problem is cooking its
solution in its own juices
you have to hear it to believe it
things are actually getting better
welcome to your future
you've come this far by faith
You are your own home makeover 
every day; a single plan 
yet to be revealed
a unanimous 
vote of one
to thrive

© Valerie Bridgeman
May 19, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment