Tuesday, December 31, 2013

LAST DAY/NEW START

I honor myself
today. I give myself credit due
and praise for keeping faith
with me. I love that I did it.
It says, I can do it again. And
I will. Maybe not THIS promise
of writing. But another one. 
One I'll keep strong like 
writing. Flow like thinking.
In the new year, I'll remember
this last day. I will remind
myself that I'm capable
and worth any promise
I make to myself. My new
start is to take complete care
of me: body first, mind first,
soul, first. Nothing is down
the line. It's all a new start.
I will write. Yes.
I will exercise for my health. Yes.
I will eat for my life. Yes.
I will dream for my cosmos. Yes.
I will. Yes. I will. Yes, I will.
This last day, a new start
awaits. I will rest up to get 
started tomorrow. Yes. I. will.

© Valerie Bridgeman

December 31, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment