Thursday, May 24, 2012

Memories - 1996


Memories

Memories of you flood my mind
like sunlight over the Georgia mountains
warming the dew into day.

You beckon me to play among the wildness
of your eyes, your fingers, your breath
beckoning me to love.

And I remember every touch, the heat
that overtakes me every time you’re near
and I cry remembering.

I remember when I am sleep
dreaming you are nearby,
breathing in rhythm,
loving me on the covers,
holding my heart in your hands.

You bleed into my life
                                    slowly
                                                            sweetly
                                                                                    methodically.

I remember your laughter
Sharp and guttural calling,
beckoning a smile
and charming me into your arms.

I remember your arms
strong and gentle
enwrapping me,

securing a future,
a life we can live.

I remember every detail.

The words escape me,
but not the outline of your love
overshadowing me.
The words, some of them are gone,
but not that gaze of desire or delight.

I remember your delight
heightening in my presence,
beckoning, inviting me.

And your eyes, and your lips, your lips.

And your dreams commingling
in our unified pain and hopes.

I remember our hope of a world, safe
For everyone who needs it.
Safe, I say, to love each other, safe.

I remember your love, safe and inviting
            honest
                                    fierce
piercing my disguise, daring me
to be real,
                        to be really
                                                to be me, to be.

I remember well the details.

© Valerie Bridgeman
1996

No comments:

Post a Comment